Pen and Ink Journal (entry #8)


Pen and Ink Journal (entry # 8)

My Grimoire, Wizard's Book, Ashmole 782 or 
Pen and Ink Journal




I have fallen in love with bats. 
As it turns out, there are a lot of bats in South Florida! 
These papers were distressed with the walnut ink, a lot of drips and spatters and a large drop of alcohol ink on the center right page. I used black, burnt Sienna and raw umber acrylic paints.




Wild hog pages were done with the same acrylic paint colors as the bats.  I also used a pale gray green on the plant and a tiny amount of terra cotta on his snout. The writing was blurred by dropping water on it.





Fox with her cub.



I had almost as much fun doing the photos of the journal as I did painting it! 
I'm giving my mom credit here, the leaf she made. It's one from her autumn collection from when she used to make leaves. Love you mom!

xo
karen

Comments

Popular Posts