Pen and Ink Journal (Entry #9)

Pen and Ink Journal (Entry # 9)

The collection of art sketches from the Homestead.



The Florida Black Bear
These pages were pen and walnut ink and more acrylic paint. I used "Mississippi Mud" for the tree, because it has the right amount of gray and almost pale pink.  Mamma bear seems to be wondering "What are those rascals up to now?"



If you can, enlarge the bob cat's eyes on the left. You can see where I used a pale green and a little gold for his eyes. The white on the bottom right page is white acrylic with a stencil. 


The skunk was probably one of my least loved pages in my journal. I just don't like the way he turned out. I used 4 stamps on these pages. The first is the vine border (which I used a lot throughout the book) the compass, the ink splatter and if you look closely there is a crackle stamp used on the bottom right page.



I made a palm tree type stencil that you can see 
on both of these Coyote pages. 
I use this stencil a lot in the journal. 
I also used some of the StazOn ink pad to age
the pages on the edges.



xoxo
karen

Comments

Kelly said…
Your artwork inspires me Karen
karen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen said…
Testing,Testing, 1,2,3...

Popular Posts