Pen and Ink (Entry #12)

Pen and Ink (Entry #12)

My journal,  Book of Life,  Ashmole 782... kinda like.



The Homestead. Pages 70-111. 
 I looked around our house and found items or places 
that I needed to paint. It was not easy. 
I don't like painting architecture or lizards but this 
was suppose to challenge me. 
This particular painting is of one of my husband's birdhouses he built me a few years back. I love them. 
I learned how to make a "washed out" background. I mean you can kinda (KINDA) see the trees, but no real definition. 
I like that effect.


My sister has many talents. She is an artist to her core and in one period of her life she worked in concrete. The snails must weigh 75 pounds a piece. She formed them, created a mold and poured the concrete. They are my favorite things in my yard. They look like they belong in "Alice and Wonderland".




Our home.




I love this toad.
BTW the pen in the upper left corner is the pen
 I used for this journal. 




Love snails... This grouping of snails were taken from photos on Pinterest, not from my yard. I believe that one is a sea snail... I was just trying to find "fodder" to paint.
When I was younger I wanted a snail tattoo. 
I'm really glad I decided not to do that.



South Florida has been inundated with Iguana's. They are not indigenous to Florida, most were pets that were released into the wild after they became too big as pets. Well, they love it here and have made quite the presence. I have to say they are beautiful. Scary looking too...
We have 3 in our yard that have made our space, theirs.


More to follow!
xo
karen

Comments

Coby said…
Really love your art! What journal did you use for this project?
karen said…
Hi Coby! If you go back to the first entry called "Pen And Ink Journal" from Dec 3rd, it explains where I bought it and what it looks like before and after I aged it. If you have any questions about the process, just email me. It explains a lot of the steps in 1 & 2.
Thank you for your interest!
xo
k

Popular Posts