Pen and Ink Journal (Entry #11)

Pen and Ink Journal (Entry #11)


Ashmole 782, my journal, a Grimoire.

My journal is called 

"Wonder, Dreams and Curiosities".

This next chapter would fall under the 'wonder' category. 
I've always been curious about herbs, the possibilities of healing or seasoning food or the magical/fairytale side of of these plants.
To study the purpose and uses was amazing.
I must thank the many people on the internet 
that have done such extensive research. 
It was an education that I will not soon forget. 



Above picture, I used a very watery green acrylic for the potion bottle. I can back in after it dried and added the white highlights. I brought the green down "under" the bottle as well, to give the illusion that the light was going through the bottle.

The art I assigned to myself (by pre~labeling each page) 
proved to be quite the challenge.
 In the below drawing I used only walnut ink. 
The attempts at drawing glass containers with water in them was an absolute failure at first.  I practiced on other paper, until I felt I could at least fake it. With more practice I think I could make them quite passable.






Below, "Magickal Ingredients" was an amazing study. 
I covered parts of the page with herbs because it was copied pretty directly from someone else. I don't know what the rules are on this, because I wasn't planning on publishing this book. 
It was about the art, not the print content.


Next pages, I wrote pretty clearly and didn't mess up the writing too much because I intended to use this in the future,
 just like an actual Grimoire! 
Herbs for depression sounded very interesting. I don't know if it works or if you just convince yourself that it's going to 
~ so then it does. 
More research is ahead. 
In the future I would like to "Infuse Cooking Oil".  It seems easy enough, it's just the matter of finding the time. 
What a lovely gift to give someone though! 
I think the jars with rosemary or garlic are such  
perfect presents for your friends.



Here again the words are faded and illegible, intentionally made unreadable. 

I won't be working with Poisonous Herbs anytime soon.
😊
The healing herbs are a fantasy world for me where I have my own big, beautiful garden growing flowers, herbs and vegetables. 
In this fantasy world I wear a really cool hat and gloves
 like Stockard Channing in "Practical Magic".


 Here in South Florida, gardening is reserved 
for those who really know how to grow things. 
Me... not so much.


The bird stencil above was made by using a photograph, then tracing (with tracing paper) around the raven, then transferring it to mylar and cutting it out using an exacto knife.
Email me if you would like more information on this technique.

This was a pretty short chapter, next is called the "Homestead". It's drawings from all around our home. Yes, I took lots of liberties, making the area look better than it actually does!

Hope you stay tuned.
xo
k

Comments

Beautiful work!!! I humbly bow to your talent and creativity.

Popular Posts