1 Thessalonians 5:18

Photo by Tracy Raver and Kelley Ryden/ "Sleeping Beauties" Newborns in Dreamland

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says:
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Giving thanks in all circumstances... this is gratitude. In all circumstances?
Wow.
Heavy stuff and impossible for me. All of it, the joy, the praying, thankfulness in everything.

Then I found this:
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie

I get that.
I'll keep working on it. All of it, the joy, the praying, thankfulness in everything.
I trust you God.
k

Comments

Leslie said…
I had a conversation with two friends about almost this exact thing last night. Very heavy stuff.
Intense post and loved reading it; so glad I stopped by. Not sure how I got here, meaning I was visiting someone and...

Popular Posts