Art studio "Redo"

My art studio is now in my bedroom. 
It was actually my husband's man cave and half our bedroom, but when I told him I needed more space and I threatened to take the garage he was most gracious to give me his seldom used space.
I still want the garage, or better still, one of those "she sheds", however this seemed to be the most cost effective of our options.

I really like this space, however Chuck (my husband) loves to take naps and everyday I am compelled to leave my studio so he can go to sleep for an hour or two.  Perhaps this space won't workout after all...

So here is a tour of my newest location.
I long for a space that is totally private and doesn't share a bed, and someone in it,
but believe me, I know how lucky I am to have this space.


 The main accomplishment I made in this space was condensing my supplies. As they say "You can't put 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bucket." I still have supplies in one other area of the house, but 90% is now in this space. 

Like all of us, I'm a collector of books. They needed a home. 
Also, I love to be surrounded by things that make me happy (stuff I've collected at art shows, bird nests, crystals, my art, other peoples art...) and this also takes up a lot of valuable space. 
Ugh! Sacrifices! I hated that.


Here we are looking into the new studio. 
Our bed is to the right of the divider, obviously out of the picture.



Chuck made me two amazing tables, on wheels, so they can be moved if need be.

This is one of the tables me built me. It holds my old drafting table. It's supposed to be on the floor, but I needed a standing easel and this one is very sturdy and effective. It still needs the water catch attached to the bottom of the easel to catch messes, but that's another project. I think it will work well.




This is my new art table.
My son found the large piece of granite on Facebook for $50.00. (What??? Yeah!!!)
It's huge and perfect. (Although weighs a ton)
As you can see, the wheels are quite large, which is necessary because the granite is so heavy.
There is plenty of storage for most often used supplies, underneath. 
It's also very tall. As am I.
I need to be able to stand while I work to give my back a break.

This is the 5th time I've moved my studio, in this house. 
I've used the couch, two of the spare bedrooms and the dining room table.
Each time we find "better use" for the space.
  Seems I am always searching for a more conducive space for making art, 
Hopefully, this is the last time I move.
Never say never...

grateful to have an art space.
xo
k


Comments

Popular Posts