What do you mean tomorrow is Monday?


"What do you mean tomorrow is Monday?"




I was talking to a friend of mine today and she told me to call her tomorrow, after work. I replied "I don't work Sundays." She then informed me that tomorrow is Monday. 

Crap.

More and more, I don't want to go into my favorite job of working at Starbucks. It really is a wonderful job, my hours are great and the benefits are fantastic. 
However,
I WANT to learn to paint. 
Just as I'm making progress with a new technique or feel like I'm getting a SLIGHT handle on this frustrating (hobby, past time, stress reliever, passion, therapy, bliss, dream...) obsession (?)  I have to go back to work. That is where I lose my momentum. Getting up in the mornings at 3:45 AM, working until 11:00 (ish),  going to the gym, food planning or shopping, then getting home exhausted only to try and ... what? paint?  Not happening folks! 

On Thursday afternoons I start to get excited. "I have the next THREE days off!!!" I exclaim! 
"I can paint and paint and paint!"

Then life happens again. The house needs to be cleaned, laundry needs washing, the yard worked, catch up on sleep, etc. All of this gets in the way. Playing "catch up" from the past 4 days at work, now seeps in. I really don't start painting until late on Saturdays and half day Sunday.

I always said if I won the lottery I'd keep working.
I've decided when I finally win, I'm not going to after all.
Goodbye work week, hello fun.

Happy Monday everyone!
xo
karen


Comments

Popular Posts