Mermaid Paper Doll & Her Sea Horse.

Hello everyone! I'm making my first stab at working with Paper Dolls. I've never had any experience in this area so if you take my class, you can probably teach me a thing or two about "how-to"!

This class is offered at the Paper Niche  May 17th, at 10:00-2:00. 
In the below pictures, the two are not totally finished. I'm adding rhinestones to her sea horse and more of the "Stickle Glitter". This is your chance to really get creative in adding all kinds of cool items. Also not finished are her 'boobies'. They need some work… Maybe I will just add some real sea shells to this area.
:)




The two have movable body parts. Her horse's head and tail fin move and she is jointed in 10 (!) places.  These two can be displayed in your studio space OR glued down in your Schizophrenic Art Journal. We are staying within the theme of the 'Girl with her Spirit Animal'. Her eye shape and color are the same as her horse. There is a lot of room for 'making this your own'. Change the color of their scales, hair and eye color, where ever your imagination leads you!



On the home front, Mom came through her hip surgery great. The doctor's say she is about two weeks ahead of the average person in healing. Her knees gave her fits though. We knew her hips and her knees were both bad, but the doctor said they treat first, what is most urgent, and that was her hip. So she is now on her way to being mended. Amazing what those doctors can do these days. Next will be those knees of hers.

Thank you for your prayers for Kay,

xo
karen






Comments

craftlyn said…
Karen, loving the latest creations...you rocked the paper dolls! I am so bummed again to be missing this class as I will be out of town...those who get to take your class are so fortunate...your classes are fun!
Unknown said…
I love what you've done with the Bunny and like usual I love your mermaids!
I'm glad to hear your mom is on the mend and healing quickly!
I wish her the best of luck for her knees! She will be in my prayers <3
karen said…
Sorry for my delay in writing and so sorry you missed the paper doll class!!! It was a lot of fun! I'm trying to put something together for "Christmas in July". Keep checking with Paper Niche and hopefully I will finish a project!
karen said…
Victoria, thank you so much for the comment. For some reason, people are always telling me they can't comment on my blog. You CAN and you DID!! Thank you so much. I love you girlie!!!

Popular Posts