I think I may move to North Carolina.


This is what I woke up to last Friday morning.
Our friend Charlene turned 60 years old and the Yaya's went to her (and her sweet husbands) cabin in Boone North Carolina. I've always like N.C., but now I am in LOVE. It helps that her home in the mountains is so welcoming, beautiful and perfectly situated, high in the mountains. But more than that, it was located close to some of the most wonderful restaurants, shopping and sightseeing. 


The local art in the stores were right up my alley. 
I'm a country girl at heart and I love all the funky and folk art, style.


Love the  crystal decorations in this little cool boutique in Blowing Rock, N.C.


Sorry, but you can't put pumpkins on your porch in Fort Lauderdale in September OR October. They rot within 3 days. Here they stay out for the entire month! ANOTHER reason that N.C. ROCKS!!!


Did I mention we went to a winery??? Oh yeah. A little closer to Banner Elk was a winery called "Grandfather Winery". It's small, but lovely! 
On Sundays they have a great Blues Band, that plays all afternoon.

 

My girls. Love them all ~ with all my heart.


The back yard. 
Before they bought this property, people used to hang glide off this cliff that's in their back yard.
That is a straight drop off beyond those bushes.


Fall is in the air. Evenings were mid 50's and during the day it was in the low 70's'


A view from "Bruno's Path". (Bruno was a favorite and very special dog.) This view is what you saw just feet from their back porch. Oh yeah,  I could get use to this.  :)


Here we all are, just moments before leaving for the airport, minus the mustaches!
Such a wonderful and sweet group, that could never be replaced.

I love you all, so much.

Charlene, thank you for an amazing 5 days in your wonderful home.
Happy Birthday, dear friend!

xo
karen 

Comments

Connie said…
Gorgeous . . . I would frame that photo of the back yard or at lease turn it into note cards.
Have a lovely week.
Connie :)

Popular Posts