A Really Tacky Makeover!!!
(but a favorite of mine!)

The art studio/guest bedroom continues to be a source of inspiration and fun. The lamp below
is a dumpster dive piece. These are REALLY cool and I've managed to score 2! Even if you don't use them for lighting or candle holders, you can take them apart and get 6 really awesome metal squares that have a very gothic feel… If I find another, I'm going to use the metal squares as picture frames… The one pictured below is on a old post and I just decorated with some crystals, pearls and put two candles in it. It's old and cool.
Can you believe people throw these away???



OK, now here comes the really tacky version...


Hahahaha!!!

 AWESOME!

 My studio is all white… stuff. 90 % is reclaimed, repurposed, hand me downs, dumpster dive, freebies… This lamp, same as the first one is spray painted gloss white. The inside plastic that covered the light bulb was very yellowed with age, so I replaced the bulb with a low heat bulb (L.E.D?) and made a new cover out of PAPER!! I wrapped the old cover and just slid the paper off, (after I taped the sides together) and now I have a pretty (pure white) bulb cover! 
Next came the fun part. I had some old sparkly costume jewelry that I never wore. I found 5 foot strands of pearls (cheap) at Christmas time, that is used for Christmas tree garland. I hung a junk pearl necklace and found even MORE pearls at "Party City" in the pirate section. 
Oh yeah… I found a set of 5 crystals (for chandeliers) at Home Depot. I believe they were $5.99.

I draped and hung and draped more and layered until it was super tacky.

I love it.

Here it is shown below in the right hand corner.


And again here, in the right corner.
A wider view of the studio and bedroom.
A fun and tacky (I say glamorous) chandelier!


xo
k


Comments

Popular Posts