Studio (more of…)


Old shutters, REALLY old spindles, rusty ceiling tiles...


What fun this project was. A HUGE thank you to Charlene for my spindles and the balustrade. They feel right at home in the art studio! Kimberly Ramey, my wings are one of my favorite things! The art mannequin fits on them perfectly! 


I attached 3 shutters to each other and screwed them into the wall.
The ceiling tile was cut with tin snips, as a backdrop to the angel.
The old spindles hold the tea lights and my sweet husband attached the shelf they all sit on.
I'm calling him "sweet" because the upstairs project is almost complete and I'm not mad at him anymore…
(grin)


The below shot is a close up of the dress form I antiqued a few years back. For "How To" instructions for antiqueing (new) mannequins, look at my blog history for June 27th 2010.  I have full instructions for how I did the one below.  I bought it new and made it look old by painting it and stenciling the words.


Just a few more projects and the art studio will be complete!!

Comments

June said…
Absolutely beautiful Karen! What an amazing space for you to create the magic you do!!!
karen said…
June! So nice to hear from you! Thank you for reading weird bird. I do love this new space. I don't know about you, but I had a real problem giving myself permission to make my own space. Now that I have, I love it. Thank you for the sweet words!
xo
karen
Charlene said…
I love, love, love what you have done Karen! I feel so honored to have been able to contribute a few items to this amazing room you have created. All of those items were lovingly hand picked, repurposed and treasured for many years in our home. It is such a good feeling to know they are equally appreciated and treasured in your home. I love you, my dear friend, and I admire you and your talent so very much. Much love, Charlene

Popular Posts