A few unusual jewelry displays...


I've needed an earring holder for my bathroom. 
Getting dressed at 4:00 AM limits my trips to the bedroom because I can't turn on the lights (or I wake up Grumpy Chuck) so I needed to keep some of my jewelry in the bathroom. 
I tend to display my jewelry in unusual ways. After browsing through  Michael's, Joann's, Home Goods, AC Moore, Target and a few others, 
I realized that none of the traditional jewelry displays would work.


That's when I remembered I had a miniature bird cage, 
or maybe it was supposed to be a mini terrarium. (?) I'm not sure. 
I just know I already had it (re purposed) and didn't have to  spend any money!
I bought it over a year ago on sale from Home Goods. I like it as a jewelry display. 
Works for me!


 While I'm at it, I thought I'd show a few more pictures of unusual jewelry displays. 
This is my blue lamp, holding some necklaces.

Our house is rustic southwestern. This is a piece of barbed wire 
attached to a weathered piece of wood. 


Small nails hold the necklaces.


 This was sold originally as a wrought iron candle holder. 
It makes a great place to hang my necklaces. 



 The top is where the candle goes, or it could hold bracelets, or a candle (grin).


I decided the top made a perfect spot for one of my bird nests. 

Then again, all of these jewelry displays may look a little too rustic
(or messy) for your liking. 
Both of those descriptions fit our house.
xoxo
Have a great day friends!
karen

Comments

Paige Low said…
You're right, Karen. The displays may not be to everyone's liking, but I love them! I think anyone who would venture into your house and sees them will find it as a great addition to the character of your home. I actually use a few antique wall-mounted candelabras to hold my necklaces and bracelets. They are great conversation starters when people are over. :)
karen said…
Well thank you Paige! Our house tends to be very rustic and have a lot of (unusual)"character"! I'm curious... do you read my blog or did you just find me? I've been tempted lately to stop blogging. Then I get a sweet comment (thank you again!) and I think I will continue. Please let me know how you found me, I'd really like the feedback.
Look forward to hearing from you!
karen
xoxo

Popular Posts