A crossroads

I've come to a crossroad in my life. I was reading "Where Women Create" (without a doubt the most beautiful magazine) and I came across a wonderful feature written for Susan Rios. She has a quote or what the magazine calls a "Tip".
TRY NOT TO COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS.
ITS THE KISS OF DEATH. IT MAKES YOU UNHAPPY.
WE ARE EACH ON OUR OWN PATH,
AND THE MORE I PAY ATTENTION TO MINE,
THE HAPPIER I AM.

Wow, this was like a slap in the face. I've decided that from this point forward, I'm no longer comparing, AND I'm no longer going to make negative comments about what I do. It's all based on my wanting to be better. I see things that are so spectacular and I want that too. In reality, I haven't paid my dues in that particular area of art.
I am starting to "pay attention to my own path."
I'm changing the first line to read "DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS".
Instead of "TRY NOT TO".
"And the happier I am."
Thank you Susan Rios. You've really helped me today.
xoxo
karen

Comments

Popular Posts